However I would like to make some new plans. They are aspirations. If they don't come to fruition I won't feel like I've failed. They are just positive changes and thoughts.
So without further ado my plans for 2016 are -
- Get fitter. Last year I started the #c25k and really enjoyed it but gave up around June/July time. This year I'm going to give it another try.
- Lose a few pounds. I know I know boring! Its on everyones list. I'm not going to diet just eat a bit healthier in the week and hopefully the extra exercise will help. I lost 21 lbs last year but have put 7 approx back on.
- Put some savings in place for the summer holidays. We want to do a few day trips but as everyone knows a day trip for a family of 4 is not cheap. We are hoping to visit Drayton Manor, Legoland, Think Tank and London for a sightseeing trip.
- Concentrate more on my blog. My blog was originally born from a self publishing ambition. That didn't work out but I loved the creativity of a blog and writing. I recently renamed it & hope to concentrate on mum bloggers issues, humour and holiday/trip reviews.
- I've set a few targets for my social media outlets. They may seem small to some but will be a huge achievement to me. Facebook seems to allude me but is the one I'd most like to increase. If anyone has any tips please share.
- Instagram currently 144 target 1000
- Twitter currently 1383 target 2500
- Facebook currently 68 target 250
- Recommence my volunteer work at my children's school. I used to do 2 hours every Friday but stopped due to our house renovations. I really enjoyed it & would love to become a teaching assistant eventually.
- Me time. Some people don't like being alone but I love a few hours of my own company which is rare with 2 kids. I tend to feel guilty making time for myself but think it's important & ties in nicely with starting the #c25k programme again.
So there you have it. Do you make new year resolutions? I'd love to hear your plans.