Obviously having 2 children I've watched a few family films. After consultation with the kids our top 10 (in no particular order) are:
1. Elf - Absolute favourite Christmas film. Can watch it over & over with or without the kids.
2. Descendants - This is a new favourite. Its a Disney Channel movie based on some best loved fairy tale characters e.g. - Maleficent, Snow White and Cruella de Vil and good vs evil. My son loves the song Rotten to the Core.
3. Rise of the Guardians - Another new favourite & DreamWorks production. Jack Frost was our fav but we loved all the fairy tale characters. Loved that Santa had tattoos!
4. Cinderella - It was a tough choice for my daughter between this Sleeping Beauty or Snow White but Cinderella won. I think the decision was helped by the fact she loves the castle and has recently got the Cinderella Lego set.
5. Wreck it Ralph - Another Disney film we love about arcade characters.
6. Lego Movie - My children especially my daughter are Lego obsessed so this was an obvious favourite.
7. Despicable Me - Love Love Love it!!! Firm family favourite that even me & the kids dad will watch over and over again.
8. Frozen - My son loves Frozen however my daughter hates it! At school they called her Elsa for a while because she has blonde hair & it annoyed her. She didn't want this on the list but my son insisted. Bless them.
9. Toy Story - We couldn't decide on 1, 2 or 3 so we are cheating and including the whole series.
10. Croods - A DreamWorks film about cavemen. Its a really lovely film and not at all fairy tale orientated.
What are your favourite family films? Do you ever find you end up watching the end alone?
I watched Tangled by myself the other day. I could have changed the channel but quite like it.